Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

{PW Love - and my cookbook challenge}

Recently, I have seen quite a few recipes floating around Pinterest from The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond.  The first time I heard of her was on an episode of Throw Down with Bobby Flay.


Ree Drummond
Image from FoodNetwork.com

She has a great personality and every one of her recipes looks fantastic.  The first one I tried was her Cajun Chicken Pasta from her new show on the Food Network.  Delish!  It received rave reviews in our house.  

TPW_6385
Image from FoodNetwork.com


As I read blogs on her recipes, I kept hearing about her book and purchased it on my iPad to read.  It was very extremely entertaining and as a bonus had some recipes in the back.

I then spent some time browsing her blog and continued to find great recipes and some good laughs (including this post here - I cracked up when she reached for the apple fritter again at the end).  I finally decided to pick up a copy of her cookbook.  Just like her blog, it is filled with amazing recipes and stories mixed in.  There are a total of 60 or so recipes in the book and I can only think of one that didn't scream delicious to me.  

thepioneerwomancooks500

So my new idea.....

I have thought of cooking my way through an entire cookbook before, but typically there quite a few recipes in each book that just don't seem to suit our tastes.  I think this one might actually work since everything looks great and it's a pretty manageable size.  I think the only problem I might run into is that I keep finding other recipes on her blog that I want to cook also!

I have already tried a few this week (both from the blog and the book) and they were all delicious!  More on them soon....

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your reviews. I too am a pioneer adict. :) Just an FYI, she has a new cookbook out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! I better cook fast so I can buy the new book!

      Delete